Welcome to Treetops
A Nurture Group is a small group of pupils (6-8). Its composition is carefully thought-out to create a balanced and functional group. The Nurture Group is part of the school's Inclusion and PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education) provision. Its purpose is to offer children opportunities to re-visit early learning skills and promote and support their social and emotional development. There is much research evidence that children's learning is most effective when they have a sense of emotional wellbeing, high self-esteem and a feeling of belonging to their school community. Treetops provides children with this opportunity and so helps to develop their maturity and resilience. Treetops is a place of learning.
Aims of Nurture Group
- To provide a flexible and preventative resource which is responsive to the particular needs of the children attending the school.
- To provide ongoing assessment and support for children showing signs of emotional stress and behavioural difficulties with the aim of enabling the child to access the curriculum and participate fully in school life.
- To provide a secure and reliable environment where children can learn by re-experiencing pre-school nurture from caring adults who actively work towards their successful integration into their mainstream class.
- To help children to learn to behave appropriately, use their curiosity constructively, improve their self-esteem and develop confidence through close and trusting relationships with adults.
- To work in partnership with class teachers and parents to enable consistency of approach, both at home and at school.
We are very lucky to have such a special, safe place in our school to be able to respond to a child’s long or short term needs to ensure they are feeling happy, secure and have everything they need to be able to make progress and be successful in their education.